POLICY, PROCEDURE & APPLICATION
Purpose and Scope
To provide scholarship and fellowship grants to individuals in financial need, attending public/private schools (primary, secondary, university, graduate school).
- All new applicants must submit a verification letter from village chief and pastor to verify their financial need.
a. For renewing students, village chief and pastor’s letter need to be submitted when students are moving from primary to middle / middle to high / high to university.
- All scholarship recipients must bring report card annually to renew their scholarship with all passing scores.
a. If the applicant does not have passing scores, they will be given scholarship on probation. If they still do not have passing scores on the next report card, they will be released from the scholarship program.
- All students moving from primary to middle/ middle to high/ high to university must submit an essay answering a question on their goal in life.
- All new applicants for university must pass high school exam and submit high school report card along with the application.
- Maximum 2 scholarship recipients per family.
- Applicant submits Scholarship Application Form including all necessary documents.
- All applicants for university will be interviewed by the Scholarship committee.
- Scholarship Committee will review the application (and interviews) and will notify the
applicant of their decision.
When to apply?
- For new applicants please submit your application form to our UMC office from July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020 for year of 2020-2021.
- For our old applicants please come to get your scholarship from UMC office from
September 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020 for year of 2020-2021.